<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://babybumpbundle.com

Sorry for the inconvenience…

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Baby Bump Bundle Blog: A day in the life of a mom....you think you are the worst mom in the world.

Friday, June 28, 2013

A day in the life of a mom....you think you are the worst mom in the world.

I am nearly 9 months into being a mother and already have had countless moments of angst. Am I doing everything right? Is there such a thing as "right" in parenting? 

The logical side of my mind knows that my little man is loved, fed, clothed, has a home that is warm when it should be and cooler when it needs to be. But when you hear lower percentile numbers at a doctor's appointment, when he doesn't roll over when he "should", that first big fall happens and your heart not only sinks but breaks at the same time who else is there to blame but yourself, right? 



Now this could easily be explained by genetics. I have the good Irish Catholic genes of guilt: if in doubt blame yourself is my basic mantra. The good and bad news is that I am not alone. It would seem that every mother I speak to is in the exact same boat. The really scary thing is that I don't think that it ever ends! Mommy guilt stays with you for as long as you are a mother which is FOREVER!

An article I read recently tells the story of one mother's struggles. One statement really hit home for me "Here's what you need to know: You are already a good mother. You already are." So every time I hear myself getting on the mommy guilt trip train I will remind myself that I already am a good mother. I already am. 

Nobody can love my son more than I do and that's a good starting point in parenthood.

And that's a day in the life of a mom.

Labels:

2 Comments:

At July 1, 2013 at 8:50 AM , Blogger Bethany K @ BeforeDuringAfter said...

I'm not that far along yet, but I totally get it. I'm a Math person, so for me, numbers and percentages are my focus! I guarantee I'll be a little bummed if my baby is behind the curve. And, of course, if he's ahead of the curve, I'll take all the credit. :)

It's hard these days (at 2.5 weeks old), when he screeeeams, and I can't figure out what's wrong or how to fix it. That's when I totally have to take a deep breath and just do my best. I can't read his mind. But it's tough.

Bethany (the overachiever)

 
At July 2, 2013 at 7:58 AM , Blogger Unknown said...

Bethany - it sounds like you are doing an amazing job! If you have a 2.5 week old and are capable of writing a I think YOU are ahead of the curve!! All you can do is your best and know that it is good enough for your little bundle of joy and that is the most important thing.

Mairead (the perfectionist)

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home