<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://babybumpbundle.com

Sorry for the inconvenience…

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Baby Bump Bundle Blog: How to create personalized baby name wall art

Sunday, April 14, 2013

How to create personalized baby name wall art

Your sister or best friend is expecting. You buy her the subscription to get our BumpBundles. Baby arrives and you send a BabyBundle. But what do you bring when you are meeting the baby for the first time, at the happy couples home?

How about something totally personalized like hand painted baby name nursery wall art! When my bff had a baby a couple of years ago, I knew I wanted to get creative, so I hit up Michaels. I also knew her nursery theme was pink and brown, so I got to work sketching ideas! I think it is important to make a plan before just diving right in, so I drew out the baby name and used color pencils, before heading right onto the canvas.

 
There are so many ways to add personal touches to the art. Stripes, polka dots, easy to create animals like birds or owls, the alphabet, or whatever theme you might like will work great. Sports, or nature works well too or just simply go with patterns like I did. You can add in the birth date too or whatever other info you want, but I just stuck with the first name.

Step 1 Get sketching! Plan out your design and letter font & size and how you want the art work to look. Use a ruler or tape or whatever you need to make it just right.
Step 2 Pick your canvas. Check out a wide range of sizes here.

Step 3 Gather your paints or go shopping for new ones. The canvas noted above works best with oil or acrylic paints! Buy a set of paints or just the colors you need.
Step 4 I sketched right onto the canvas, exactly what I had in my paper/pencil drawing.

Step 5 Time to paint. Mix colors, layer different patterns, make changes if you see fit, and have fun!
Step 6 Let it dry. Wrap it up with a bow, wrapping paper, or throw it in a gift bag.

Step 7 Give the personalized baby name wall art to the happy new family. It makes a great way to show you care and to get creative. Yes you can print one out or buy one painted by someone else on Etsy, but nothing beats a gift that you DIY’d, am I right?

Labels: ,

3 Comments:

At August 3, 2013 at 9:31 AM , Blogger Lydia from Lydia's Flexitarian Kitchen said...

What a cute project! Thanks for linking up to the Get Inspired Weekend Blog Hop!

 
At August 9, 2013 at 1:50 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

I love this!! Because of that I chose you to be featured on my site for the Get Inspired Hop! Be sure to stop by and grab your button and link up!! ;)

 
At August 9, 2013 at 2:00 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

oohh awesome thanks !!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home